[Project Announcement] Ordinal Scale manga v4


I hope everyone had a nice (remote) Easter this year. Our towns closed all travel for the holiday to prevent an Easter outbreak of coronavirus, so our family used video calls to spend the traditional Easter breakfast with the entire family. Some people being a-holes, on the other hand, disregarded all quarantine measures, so I hope they didn't cause too much damage.

Anyway, we plan to release chapter 11 of the Ordinal Scale manga tomorrow (15 April). And seeing as it's the final chapter of volume 3, while Yen Press has yet to announce a license on the Ordinal Scale manga (and are unlikely to start any new projects for a while now that COVID-19 is overburdening their printing and distribution lines), we proudly announce that we will be working on volume 4 of the Ordinal Scale manga as well. This manga consists of 4 chapters, one of which is dedicated solely to adapting Hopeful Chant. The volume covers the story from the point where Kirito meets Yuuna in Aincrad to the end of the Kirito vs Eiji battle at the stadium, while the HC chapter adapts parts 1 (in a flashback) and 3 of the side story (part 2 was kinda briefly glossed over in volume 3 of the manga). The first chapter of the volume has already been translated and is currently in typesetting. Since the chapters in this volume are only around 30 something pages long each, it will hopefully not take long for it to be released.

Guess I should do a slight update on our other projects while I'm at it. We just finished the GGW project on Easter Sunday, so Mtt has opened up time to return to working on the Comic Anthology project (currently working on revising an old release with new raws and a revised translation). As for the Lycoris manga, c2 is in its final stretch, so it might get a release the following week. I myself will be working on finishing the translation IYWI this week, though I'm not yet sure if we'll be releasing it this week or the following week. Regarding Kiss and Fly: we have raws for the first volume, which includes The Day After and half of Rainbow Bridge, but Mtt had been busy with GGW, so I pushed it back until he was done with it; I'll probably work on it after I'm done with IYWI, unless I have to provide material for the Lycoris team. Still too busy to work on the character books, so I'll only turn to them when my work on other projects settles down. Clover's Regret will remain on the backburner until summer at the very least, because it requires investing a lot of time and I'm in my final year of uni. I'm also being bugged to work on Sugary Days, seeing as Tap has been MIA since late 2018... might take it on when I'm done with IYWI and don't need to provide material for our manga teams.

If you feel that your favourite project isn't getting the love it deserves, or if you really want something that no one has touched and/or abandoned midway, feel free to bring it up in the comments or by other means. We may take fanbase interest into account when deciding what to work on next and how we set our priorities.

-Gsimenas

No comments:

Post a Comment