[Dengeki Splash! AGGO short story] MZO

I didn't have enough free time this week to finish a UR summary update, while our manga department doesn't have anything ready for release. So, I decided to fill this week's slot with a minor AGGO short story I recently managed to uncover lying around deep in my drawers while trying to catalogue all SAO franchise side stories for the wiki.

This short story was released as part of Dengeki Splash! (電撃すぷらっしゅ!), an official Dengeki Bunko bootleg featuring Dengeki Bunko female characters in various swimsuits. The AGGO illustration of a swimsuit LLENN came with a short swimsuit-themed story of LLENN and Fukaziroh messing around. Fuka always makes a story fun and this is no exception.

Might release a UR summary update in the coming days... if I don't get swamped again...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the release. If you have any suggestions/requests for what to work on, feel free to leave a comment or contact us through Twitter/Discord/Email.

-Gsimenas

Credits

Raws: Takazuki
Translation: Gsimenas
Editing: Gsimenas

Translation (choice/nuance) comments:
  • Fukaziroh speaks in a masculine tone, so I made her speech more casual by cutting off final letters, using non-standard spellings, and more informal phrasings for her.
Markup explanation:
  • Itallics mark text that was written in katakana English (I only highlighted the cases where the author uses both English and actual Japanese equivalents for the same thing, or when I needed to emphasise that an English word is used there).
  • Comic sans indicates emphasis added by myself when I needed to stress something to get the meaning across properly.
  • In some instances, the original text used furigana. In cases where the furigana wasn't exact match for the underlying text (usually when the author uses furigana to translate or describe foreign words in Japanese), I maintained the furigana format. Furigana text should be read as follows: #Japanese translation/description of what the term/name means#(What was actually said) (e.g. #cat fairy race#(Cait Sith) - "Cait Sith" is what was actually said in text, while "cat fairy race" is just a brief description of what Cait Sith are to help differentiate between the different fairies.


N/A
N/A




MZO

This story takes place on a certain day, in a certain year-2026.

"Girl, I don't mean ta brag, but I've had my fair share of swimming in ALO and I've gotta say: it's one heck of a blast."

"That said, I still can't make heads or tails of why you'd want to go for a swim in GGO, of all places."

In front of the sea, a golden-haired female character named Fukaziroh was having a conversation with another female character named LLENN, outfitted in a full-blown pink combat outfit. ALO, officially named 《ALfheim Online》, refers to a #VRMMO#(Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online) RPG set in a fantasy world of fairies, swords, and magic. In contrast, GGO - or 《Gun Gale Online》- refers to one set in a world of wastelands, where everyone is armed with guns. Both of these are FullDive-type games, which the players can experience through all five senses.

The one in the pink combat outfit, LLENN, continued her speech with an exasperated look on her face.

"ALO, sure, I've got nothing against that, kay? The world there is beautiful and the water is clean all over the place there, so that sure as heck sounds like it'd be a blast. But with GGO, lo and behold: need I say more?"

Stretching out before the two was a desolate world of a version of Earth in the aftermath of a world-end war. Even at daytime, the sky was all red as if broken, the air was all stale, while the sea was discoloured to such an extent that even the wildest imagination could no longer explain what exactly was mixed into it. "Here we have a world where your Hit Points go down bit-by-bit just by stepping into the water, you know? In the entirety of the Milky Way, you'd be the only one to even think of going for a swim in such a sea, Fuka."

"Tisk, tisk, tisk. LLENN, ya sure still are an amateur in the ways of the oddballs, I see."

"I'm very much fine being an amateur for life in that department."

"Now hold on, hold yer horses. Just think about it, girl: doesn't the idea of getting to swim in a sea like this get your blood pumpin' precisely because of the poor state it's in? 'Course ya'd probably get sick if ya were to do so in the real world. But this is the virtual world, girl. Ya won't die just because yer char runs out of Hit Points."

"Your char does die though, you know? Though it does respawn."

"I get what yer saying, sure, but ya're fated ta die anyway; that's just what it means ta be human, ya feelin' me?"

"No dying on my watch. We'd basically have another 〝Sword Art Online Incident〟 on our hands if this turned into a real death game."

"Well, puttin' that aside… listen here, LLENN —— as your sempai in VRMMOs, seems I've gotta break the news to ya: 〝games aren't the real world〟"

"Yes, I know that."

"That's precisely why this calls for a swim. After all, ya don't go on any wild rampages with any submachine guns in the real world or anything, now do ya, LLENN?"

"Well, yeah, I don't…… I can't exactly allow myself to resort to something like that……"

"Though, there ain't exactly any guarantees that ya won't find yerself joining the JSDF, or the police special forces in the future, LLENN. Now then, on that note, I've got a swimsuit all ready for ya. Once you get changed, feel free ta go ahead and plunge right in."

"This whole thing sure sounds fishy…… Fuka, be honest with me now: what exactly are you scheming here? If you do, I might consider it, at least a bit."

"Why, I don't actually have any schemes going on here, or anything, okay?"

"Oh. Well that's a relief. Well then, I'll take that swimsuit, if you don't mind."

"Aye. Here's yer string bikini."

With a gesture of her left hand, Fukaziroh opened a window for herself and went through one click after another, before materialising a swimsuit. In her hands was something that defied description due to how awfully little it left to the imagination.

Picking it up with her left hand, LLENN,

"Oh my, how sexy. So, what's going to happen when I put this on and go for a swim?"

"Oh, yeah. I'll then make photographic documentation of ya, all wet in that outfit, LLENN."

"Mhmm. And then what?"

"Then we'll have a good ol' splash scene of an itty-bitty babe, all soaking-wet at a wasteland sea, on our hands; photographic data like that will go for a pretty penny."

"I see, I see."

"Then I'm just gonna use all that dough to hit the town and splurge like crazy. Ya follow?"

"Yep. That sums it all up quite nicely!"

Upon hurling the swimsuit into the air, LLENN fired her P90 at it with her right hand. Several consecutive gunshots later, the swimsuit was all torn up in the air and eventually shattered into polygon fragments, before disappearing entirely.

"LLENN! How couldja fuckin' do that!"

"That's what I should be asking you!"

Thus began a brutal conflict between the two characters, but since the brutality was way over the top, we shall be ending the story here.

#MZO#(Myswimsuit is Zuper-Drenched Online)』 The End


N/A
N/A




No comments:

Post a Comment