[If We Could Walk Together] Part 6

Second day of Easter, second IWCWT release!

With this, we have officially finished this little side story. I hope you enjoyed following this story. I personally hope that any potential sequel will have more stuff going on, since this whole story kinda felt like Kawahara was going somewhere, but then ran out of time or space to actually go through with his plans, so he had to cut the story short.

At some point, I'll probably go through the entire story again to compile it into a single page for simplicity. But I'm honestly too tied to do it right now, so I'll put this off for later.

If nothing changes, we should be releasing that belated Lycoris chapter at the end of the week. This chapter was a bit too short to fill a slot on its own.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the release. If you have any suggestions/requests for what to work on, feel free to leave a comment or contact us through Twitter/Discord/Email.

-Gsimenas

Credits

Raws: Celest
Translation: Gsimenas
Editing: Gsimenas, emil
Proofreading: JengKay

Translation (choice/nuance) comments: Chapter too short for any noteworthy comments.

Markup explanation:
  • Itallics mark text that was written in katakana English (I only highlighted the cases where the author uses both English and actual Japanese equivalents for the same thing, or when I needed to emphasise that an English word is used there).

TBA

6

4 July, 2026; 2:30 PM.

At a room in the headquarters for the National Security Agency (NSA) at Fort Meade in the state of Maryland in the United States of America, there were two men facing each other.

"About the Glowgen Defence Systems' request to delay the 《A.L.I.C.E. Expropriation Op》……have you figured out the reason behind this action?"

"Yeah. At first, they tried pulling the wool over my eyes with a bunch of random excuses, but when I put the screws on the senior assistant that serves as our point of contact, he spilled the beans alright. As I understand, CTO Gabriel Miller, who serves as the manager for the op, collapsed upon eating some crab cakes at a seafood restaurant and was subsequently hospitalised, apparently." "Crab cakes? How do you even collapse from something like that?"

"Dunno. Maybe some poisonous crab found its way into the mix?"

(The End)


TBA

6 comments:

  1. Crab beats everything!!!.

    (Referenced from HALO "Tank beats everything!!!").

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crabs and cakes solve everything in this universe, as expected. It's completely irrational and hilarious, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, this conclusion is actually perfect. I was worried about what would happen when Gabriel's crew showed up, but it turns out he met this alternate timeline's inevitable fate of poisonous crab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crab iz da best !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for translating!! I really love this side story and I hope to see more of these rather wholesome stories...

    ReplyDelete