[Lycoris manga] Chapter 7 - The Pride of the Orthinanos - Part I



Welp, I managed to survive my first (surprise) 24 hour shift + 60 hour work week... yay... However, that did leave with me with little to no time to work on any translations this week. Fortunately, we already managed to get Lycoris chapter 7 done a couple of weeks ago. At first, we thought that Lycoris c7 would have to be delayed because our usual typesetter suffered a trauma that put him out of comission for a week or so. However, a wild Super Mtt decided to drop by and one-man the entire manga image editing (redrawing, cleaning, and typesetting) for the entire chapter. Unfortunately, our pokeballs weren't good enough to catch the fabled creature, but we did at least get this chapter done in time because of him.

Just like chapter 6, chapter 7 is another flashback chapter, seeing as volume 1 also skipped over some Medina stuff from the Lycoris prologue (Chapter/Arc 1). What's more, the Medina flashback was too big to fit into a single chapter, so it's going to continue in chapter 8 too. The first half of the flashback covers the poster scene from the game (with some original material) and finishes off the Medina's pet cat story. The second half will be an original chapter with some Eugeo deban.

Also, on a side note... while I do have a copy of Lycoris the game myself, my laptop can hardly run the game, so I still haven't made it through chapter/arc 1 yet... which means that the manga is still my first medium for experiencing the story and I'm still going in blind to each new chapter so far XD. I should be getting my new PC soon, so hopefully, I'll be able to actually play the game soon.

At this moment, the raws for the Lycoris magna are at chapter 8, but chapter 9 is coming out on Friday. I've already finished translating chapter 8 and I think Mtt has already soloed the cleaning/redrawing for the chapter again, so chapter 8 will hopefully be done soon. According to our current schedule, we're planning to release another Sugary Days chapter next week (I so have gotta get started on this...), followed by Ordinal Scale Ex3 the week after. So, if nothing happens to our Lycoris week this time, chapter 8 will probably come out in the last week of September or the first week of October.

Any feedback is appreciated.

-Gsimenas

Credits

Raws: Celest and MttBlue2
Translation: Gsimenas
Editing: Kaantantr
Proofreading: JengKay
Redrawing: Mttblue2
Typesetting: Mttblue2





Alternative versions:


Chapter 7 - "The Pride of the Orthinanos - Part I"





No comments:

Post a Comment