[Project Announcement] Sugary Days

Well, since I kinda ran out of side stories to translate for the time being and certain people (you know who you are :stare:) keep bugging me to finish up Sugary Days, I decided to finally announce that I'll be working on translating Sugary Days 10-14 (Material Editions 23-27). Sugary Days is a side story that Kawahara Reki had been working on in his free time and releasing it in the form of Material Editions (self-published stories that Kawahara is releading during doujinshi conventions known as COMITIA). This side story is basically the Kirito and Asuna honeymoon series, telling the tale of what they were doing after they got married in The Day Before but before they met Yui in The Morning Dew Girl. It started off as just a series of shorts of Kirito and Asuna doing naughty things, i.e. enjoying their newlywed lives, but starting with Sugary Days 5, where the series finally got its official name, he began writing a plot about Woodcrafter Mahokl... while also writing in moments of Kirito getting more intimate with Asuna like a beast wherever he could, of course.

Originally, Sugary Days was Tap's project, which is why I stayed clear of it all this time, since I personally hate working on someone else's turf. But since Tap's been MIA for like three years now and since certain people keep bugging me about it, I'll be finishing the project in his stead. However, I'll only be working on the MEs Tap has yet to translate and won't be touching the older ones, so please check out his blog if you want to read those. Expect Sugary Days 10 either tomorrow or by Sunday... depending on when I manage to finish it.

A short update on our other projects while I'm at it:
  • Ordinal Scale - Ex2 and chapter 15 are already done and awaiting QC review by Mtt. Will probably release Ex2 after Sugary Days 10
  • Lycoris - we're currently caught up with the raws. Next chapter is coming out tomorrow in Japan.
  • 32/33 stories - currently caught up with the raws; waiting to find out which BD/DVD will contain the next one
  • Kiss and Fly manga - currently on the backburner. Might work on it after Ordinal Scale, since Nguyen is interested in it and is about to his only project at the moment.
  • Comic Anthology - Mtt has a chapter to work on; don't know when he'll actually get to it though
  • Character Books - backburner. Might work on them in-between Sugary Days stuff
  • Unital Ring summary - I haven't forgotten about this. It's just that I've been distracted by all the translations (and games) I wanted to catch up on. Will probably be work up a short summary for the rest of v24 next week or something.


If there's something else SAO you believe lacks the love it deserves, feel free to let me know in the comments.

-Gsimenas

12 comments:

  1. Thank you! So excited for unital ring

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot part 15 (ME28)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME28 is 32/33, which I've already translated.

      Delete
    2. I found a rough translation of sugary days (it's nearly unreadable) that goes up to part 15, which says its ME28... maybe a typo?

      Delete
    3. Don't know what you've read, but I can guarantee that ME28 is a cakeverse story, not Sugary Days. Even the Sugary Days compilation apparently has 13 parts according to a guy who has a copy. But it does appear to contain more text than was published in the Material Editions (according to his graph: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/402574636937904128/733479354486489202/unknown.png), so perhaps that's your mystical Sugary Days 15? I won't be able to say for sure until I finish reading the story myself though.

      Delete
    4. Here a link to the original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/swordartonline/comments/9prddh/sugary_days_chapters_1014_english_translation/
      Oddly enough the post says parts 10-14 but the pdf has a part 15.

      Delete
    5. Yeah, I have this PDF, and it's a rough read, to say the least.

      I don't know just how useful this will end up being, but I did a series of quick searches and came up with these.

      Sugary Days 11
      https://swordart.online/sao-me-24.html

      Sugary Days 12
      https://swordart.online/me-25.html

      Sugary Days 13
      https://swordart.online/me-26.html

      Sugary Days 14
      https://swordart.online/me-27.html

      Sugary Days 15
      https://swordart.online/me-sd.html

      I suppose maybe it's a bit like "Aria in the Starless Night". The original, draft version had 20 chapters, while the published version in Progressive Volume 1 has 15.

      Delete
  3. I think you meant to say it's a follow-on to "The Day Before". "The Day After" is the follow-on to "Red-Nosed Reindeer".

    Just curious, which characters in addition to Kirito, Asuna, Leafa, and Sinon have had Character Books done for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. > I think you meant to say it's a follow-on to "The Day Before"

      Yes, yes I did. Whoops.

      > Just curious, which characters in addition to Kirito, Asuna, Leafa, and Sinon have had Character Books done for them?

      Silica&Liz (single book for both) and Alice.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info, and thank you for picking up this side story.

      Delete