[Lycoris manga] Chapter 6 - Another Under World


Seeing as the past few weeks have been dominated by Ordinal Scale releases while I was on vacation, it's about time we did something different for a change. Since the Lycoris project garnered support from our readers, while members of our team were interested in continuing their work on the project, we decided to make a Lycoris release for this week.

With the original material in the Lycoris prologue (Chapter/Arc 1) covered in the first volume of the manga, the manga's chapter 6 begins the second arc in the game... but since arc 1 was mostly glossed over in the previous chapters, the majority of the chapter is instead dedicated to flashbacks of what happened after Quinella was defeated in arc 1, since that was where the game diverged from the novel/anime plot. I can already spoil that chapter 7 is going to be yet another flashback chapter, so we won't be seeing actual arc 2 content for quite a while, I guess...

This chapter also features quite a bit of Cardinal, so I would like to take the moment to mention that Cardinal speaks in an archaic tone. Unlike the game translators, I do take the character's tone into account in my translation. Hence, you'll find that I used archaic forms of "you" and some other archaic words for Cardinal's dialogue to account for her archaic speech patterns.

Also, on a side note... while I do have a copy of Lycoris the game myself, my laptop can hardly run the game, so I still haven't made it through chapter/arc 1 yet... which means that the manga is still my first medium for experiencing the story and I'm still going in blind to each new chapter so far XD

At this moment, the raws for the Lycoris magna are at chapter 7, but chapter 8 is coming out on Friday. I've already finished translating chapter 7 and Mtt has already soloed the cleaning/redrawing for the chapter, so chapter 7 is probably going to be ready for release in the next few days. However, I plan to make a Sugary Days release next week, so Lycoris will have to wait for a free slot.

Finally, a standard thank you to all of those who contributed to the SAO Scans project for helping us get the raws.

-Gsimenas

Credits

Raws: SAO Scans
Translation: Gsimenas
Editing: Kaantantr
Proofreading: JengKay
Redrawing: JengKay, Hassasin
Typesetting: Celest
Quality Checking: Mttblue2





Alternative versions:



Chapter 6 - "Another Under World"







































No comments:

Post a Comment