[Project Announcement] Canon of the Golden Rule (and Scherzo of Deep Night)

At the end of March, a manga adaptation of the Progressive Canon of the Golden Rule (Floor 6 story) was announced. And to everyone's surprise, this is the kind of art style that got teased with the announcement by the new artist, Mugetsu:


After all the disappointment with a certain manga that we shall not name, this explosion of eyecandy was just too much for my starved eyes. So, I made the impromptu decision that I've gotta work on this manga that totally didn't come back to bite me (coughs)!

But wait, there's more! As some of you may already know, the manga-that-shall-not-be-named was actually followed by an adaptation of Scherzo of Deep Night by a different artist (Puyocha) that wasn't half-bad, honestly, but I ignored it since I was expecting Yen Press to pick it up within a couple of months. However, one year later, Yen Press still has yet to show any signs of picking up that manga... and they even took their sweet time taking up the manga-that-shall-not-be-named too. The Scherzo manga apparently had some fantranslator group pick it up for a couple of chapters, but it was abandoned midway out of fear that the series was going to be snatched by Yen Press... anyway, my point is that certain members of our team coaxed me into taking up the Scherzo manga as well, if I wanted to work on Canon. I don't know how far the earlier translation had got, but I hate picking up a project midway through (it creates issues with consistency... and being the perfectionist that I am, I'm more than likely to find issues with the old translations), so I decided to just start over from scratch. So, there's that.

TL;DR We're going to be working on TWO different Progressive manga from now on.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!! Since we decided to work on a manga that someone else had done several chapters for already, Mtt and I somehow wound up doing the entire first volume of the manga all in one go, so that our release would cover more than just the chapters that already had translations. Oh no, you don't need new glasses all of a sudden. I literally mean that we did the ENTIRE first volume. And no, it's not just a hopeful announcement for a release several months in the future. We actualy marathoned the whole damn thing in just two weeks. So, enjoy our little surprise! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to lie down in my bed, rexamine my life, and find out what part of my brain shortcircuited to actually sign up for this death march.

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh man, a whole volume all at once? Really grateful though, your translations are great!

    ReplyDelete