[Project Announcement] Sword Art Online: Distant Journey


As some of you may have known before, the limited edition of the first Alicization Blu-ray and DVD comes with a Sword Art Online side story, titled "Distant Journey". I've also mentioned on my Twitter account that I'm interested in translating it when it comes out. And since the BD/DVD came out earlier today and a friend of mine already has it and sent me material to work from, I've decided make an official post about it. So, I'll be working on the side story starting today. Will take some time to translate it, but I'll probably release it chapter-by-chapter to make the wait shorter. Especially since there's only like 3 chapters in this side story, and they're not exactly short. I'll also have to figure out if I'm going to have anyone who could edit the translation, or will I have to do it myself.

Anyway, here's the outline for the story from the official site:

Kirito and Eugeo have set off on a journey from Rulid Village to the central city of Centoria in order to rescue their kidnapped childhood friend, Alice.
As the day for the entrance examination to the Imperial Swordcraft Academy draws near, the two travellers arrive at the 《Bilzen Inn》. Several years have passed since the inn went out of business and still lacks an owner till this day--
Knowing this, Kirito pushes the reluctant Eugeo into spending a night at the inn. When Kirito awoke from slumber that night, he saw a girl with transparent limbs--!
"Mister...... Are you... not scared of me?"
Who is the 《ghost》 that suddenly came to Kirito and Eugeo?

Since I don't have the full raws yet, I can't exactly tell how long this story is, or how long it'll take me to translate it, but I hope to have something ready soon enough. Perhaps we'll get a manga release ready till then so that the wait wouldn't be so long.

-Gsimenas

2 comments:

  1. Esperaré con ansias la traducción

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always do enjoy reading about these little side stories.

    ReplyDelete